Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, May 13, 2013

Lights, Camera, Action!

As I was reviewing the beginning verses of I Thessalonians over the weekend, I came to the revelation that Paul was complimenting the church at Thessalonica by things that were observed in the lives of the members of the congregation.  In I Thessalonians 1:3 Paul noticed that, “…your faith is active, your love is working hard, and your confidence (or expectations) in the Lord is enduring.” (God’s Word ©)  The three attributes that he talked about were characteristics and actions that were readily visible in the daily lives of the church members.

A few verses later he mentions that “You became an example for all the Lord’s followers in Macedonia and Achaia.  And because of you the Lord’s message has spread everywhere in those regions.” (I Thessalonians 1:7-8 CEV)  It would seem that these individuals lived their Christian lives in a very practical and visible manner that positively influenced the area in which they lived.
I was raised with the idea that an individual’s religious views were something that was to be kept private.  Even though my Mom was always a sincere woman of prayer, she did not like it when others openly shared their faith with her.  But like I have mentioned before, that was an important aspect of life in which my young girlfriend and future bride vivaciously lived.  It was that living and breathing 24/7 demonstration of her faith that brought me into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
My wife never preached Jesus at anyone, she just lived Him before them!  And to be perfectly honest, even though I am the licensed minister in the house, she has individually introduced many more people into the kingdom of God than I have!  Her life has always been a very visible expression of Jesus to those that she has come into contact with be it the neighborhood kids and their folks, the cashier at the grocery store, the homeless, the convalescent home residents or even the few celebrities that she has bumped into.  Jesus and His kingdom is just who she is!
How about you today?  Just who are you?  Who or what do the actions of your daily live vividly demonstrate?  When people look at you do they see Jesus?  When the director of your life quiets the crowd and yells out: “Lights, Camera, Action!”  Who will your life portray?  Have a great week ahead.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.