Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, May 24, 2013

Its Friday!

Well, as I sit here at the kitchen table looking out the window at the clear blue sky, the brightly hued green vegetable plants on our patio, and the glorious maples and tall pines in the distance, I sense an expectancy in the realization that today is Friday!  I’m not sure why it is, but the sixth day of the week is just special to me.  In reality, there is nothing different about it over any other day except for maybe Sunday when we get to go to church.  In my current occupation as a 24 hour caregiver, Friday is just like any other day!  I will perform the same tasks and handle the same responsibilities as I do the other six days of the week.

But still, it is Friday!  Traditionally it is the entrance day to the weekend.  For many it means a couple of days off, although the conventional Monday through Friday, forty hour workweek has changed with the growth of multi-shift operations in industry, the popularization of the 24 hour a day service industry and the Retail sector’s extended hours.  Even though I worked a traditional five day a week secular job for twenty years, my weekends always were busy as I prepared for church service activities on Saturdays and then performed those activities on Sundays, many times at two services.
I guess it is just the old romantic view of the relaxation, recreation and adventure associated with the “weekend” that still captures my emotions!  And like I have been talking about for most of this week, for me it is just an attitude of the heart and mind.  Even though I may be doing the same things (and sometimes more) on the weekends, I still tend to be a little more relaxed than on a weekday.  I notice that I also usually plan dinners that are on the special side for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and will normally enjoy the preparation of them more than mid-week meals.
I think I am just more expectant of good things happening on weekends!  Maybe it is just old habits since I was so focused on church activities on the weekend for so many years, that I tend to feel closer to God from Friday through Sunday…
This morning as I was reading from another book on healing to my wife, I was suddenly enthralled with the potential of our faith in God as we came across a scripture in the chapter entitled: “Dare to Believe God”*.  The verse was from Luke 18:27 and quotes Jesus as He declared: “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” (KJV)  That truth immediately drew me in closely to God’s possibilities for my wife and I in the things that we are believing for!  I guess you could say it was the “Friday Scripture” that we needed to hear today!  It not only encouraged both of us as we read of His faithfulness, but it helped to cement our faith in our seeing His miraculous love in action in our lives this weekend. 
Have you got your “Friday Scripture” yet?  If not, maybe it is time to take a break, pray and have Him give you His Word for you for this weekend.  Whatever you may need is available for you within the pages of His holy Word in your Bible.  So go ahead… Have an adventure in your faith on this Friday!  Then walk in the truth, faithfulness and stability of that Word of adventure this entire weekend!  Have a terrific weekend starting today.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What Word of Adventure am I expecting today?”

 * “The Healers in Your House!” by Kenneth W. Hagin copyright © 2012 Rhema Bible Church AKA Kenneth Hagin Ministries

---------------------------------

4:09 pm- 5/34/13  Hi everyone!  Just an additonal note here that I'll be taking Memorial Day - this coming Monday - 5/27/13 - off.  So I will wish all of you in the states a wonderful, blessed and safe celebration of Memorial Day.  And make sure you take some time to remember all of the brave men and women who have died while in service to our great country!  We'll see you again on Tuesday the 28th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.