Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, April 29, 2011

911- You Are Not Alone

This morning I was blessed, once again, with the sight of a glorious blue cloudless sky, highlighted by the early morning sun shimmering through the greenery in our kitchen patio.  Stepping outside with the pooch, I walked over to the climbing white rose bush I described to you yesterday and began examining one of the fully opened blossoms.

The first thing I noticed was the intricacies of the delicate white flower.  I counted about forty petals, each with a slightly different shape and contour.  Then I gently pulled back the smaller petals from the center of the bloom exposing the stigma, antler, filament and other fragile parts deep inside the flower.  How amazing!  Coming back inside I grabbed a magnifying loupe that I keep on my desk and was astounded at the detail that it opened up to me.  Each of the various inner workings looked like a complex flower of its own!  It is remarkable to me that something as simple as a white rose, can be so complicated in its construction.

You know what?  The same could be said about you and me.  Not only are we a physical marvel of intricacy, but each of us are also a unique compilation of experiences, emotions, personalities and genetic combinations that set us apart from everyone else!  It is kind of a miracle that we can even relate to each other.  In my years of ministry though, I have talked with many individuals who have felt that the tribulation they were experiencing was so different, that no one could help them.  “You have no idea what I am going through,” is a common saying that would be expressed as a barrier toward my attempts to help them.

And to be perfectly honest, they are right!  Since I have not gone through a similar set of events as they, I cannot necessarily “know” the feelings that they have.  But… I know of someone who has!  Hebrews 4:15 says that “We have a chief priest who is able to sympathize with our weaknesses.  He was tempted in every way that we are, but he didn’t sin.”  According to this, He is knowledgeable of every situation that we could possibly go through, and with this in mind “we can go confidently to the throne of God’s kindness (or grace) to receive mercy and find kindness which will help us at the right time.”  (God’s Word ©) That means anytime, day or night – 24/7!

We have an advocate in Jesus, Who is willing and able to help us through any and all the dramas that occur in our lives.  Nothing is impossible for Him to assist you through.  The devil loves to use the tactic of separation against us.  If he can get you to think that no one can help you, then you fall right into his trap and become prey to the bondages of addictions, adverse lifestyles, negative and hopeless attitudes or even suicide.  Our heavenly Father made you to be a special and wonderful individual.  He loves you and knows you like the back of his hand!  Matthew 10:30 says that our heavenly Father even knows the number of hairs on your head.

Are you feeling alone and without help today?  Let me encourage you to not try and go it alone.  There is someone who can help and He is just waiting for you to call on Him!  Reach out to Jesus in prayer, get in touch with your Pastor, or call a strong Christian friend and together allow the truth of His Word to set you free from ANY difficulty that may be coming against you.  (see John 8:32)  Have a great weekend and a victorious recovery!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.