Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Twilight Zone

As we move into the workings of another week in our lives, I have a thought that I’d like you to consider… On Friday afternoon we received a rather negative report from my wife’s physician, and while it was not totally unexpected, it still had the potential to shake me up.  Have you ever had something like that happen to you?  I was a little surprised when the roller coaster emotions and stress of the whole ordeal never materialized.  I’m mean, we’ve been standing in faith, but we’re only human and the feelings are still a natural reaction right? 

What I experienced was almost a sense of relief as I gathered my thoughts on Friday night.  It was kind of like the pressure to see if the medical route would work or not was over and there was “nothing left” but the promises in God’s Word.  “Nothing left” in the sense that all other distractions were behind us and now we could clearly focus on what we knew to be the real answer from the very beginning.

The final clarification came as we were watching a video about Moses in our Children’s Church class on Sunday morning!  The animated movie told the story of the Israelites escape from Egypt.  When it got to the part when they found themselves trapped between the Red Sea and the approaching forces of the Pharaoh’s army, the screen sort off disappeared before me and I began to see my wife and myself standing in a desert. 

We seemed to be in the middle of nowhere with what appeared to be God’s army behind us and an enemy army approaching before us.  Suddenly I observed a line being drawn in the sand and a voice said “The line has been drawn and the challenge has been made… It is man’s word against God’s word… It is No Hope verses Great Expectations!”

Now, you got to remember that I’m in the middle of teaching a class here!  Thank the Lord that the movie was on because I found myself getting quite excited about this "Twilight Zone" experience!  I knew right then why I didn’t fall apart with the doctor’s report.  I knew why the natural reactions did not take over.  It was because I had put my trust in the Lord and His Word and that the reports of man had no bearing on what I knew to be the truth!  When push came to shove, it is was a “no brainer!”  Man’s word has no power over the power and ability of God and His promises.  Yes the line is drawn and the challenge has been made, but my decision still stays the same.  My answer is summed up beautifully in IJohn 4:4 where it says that we “are of God little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”  (King James Version)

We have already overcome that approaching enemy.  The victory, the healing, is already ours. That is exactly what we are expecting!  How about you?  Are you at that same level of confidence with all the things that you face this week, this month… in this life?  When I refocused my sights on the screen before me in the class yesterday, the Red Sea split, the Israelites went through safely and the Pharaoh’s army drowned.  “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8 God’s Word ©) He did it for them, He’s doing it for my wife and I, and He’ll do it for you!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What are you expecting today?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.