Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Fragrances of Spring

As my wife and I were walking through our community of cluster homes this morning, we were starstruck by all the trees showing off their beautiful spring colors.  We were especially captivated by a little lane that was lined with sections of freshly cut lawn with a variety of colorful trimmed shrubs, all framed by flowering plum trees which were fully engulfed in soft white blossoms.  The sight was so overwhelming that I told my wife that we had to return home so that I could record the memory with my camera.

Something else that abounds this time of year are the fragrances that drift through the air as the flowers take center stage around us.  Each of these unique scents can take on special meanings to us as we reminisce about the places we’ve been, and the people we have been with, when we passed by those specific aromas emanating from the flowering plants.

I read a scripture today in 2 Corinthians 2:16 that says we, like the blossoms lining our paths, can be a sweet or even a “life-giving fragrance” (Gods Word ©) to people around us.  Think about that for a moment.  Your life can be a fragrant blessing to someone else.  According to our verse, your life could also help bring new life or great encouragement to someone in desperate need.

With that thought in mind, take a look at how you are living your life.  Like I mentioned yesterday, are you so inwardly minded that you can’t be of any service to someone else, or are you living in the peace that only God can give and thereby sharing Him with those you come in contact with? 

This weekend, allow yourself to be a sweet fragrance of Him to another individual.  Your actions may be the very stimulus that someone needs to push them over the obstacles of defeat into the arena of victory.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”


PS:  Please leave me a comment informing us of your "fragrant" encounters with others this weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Such a great reminder! I tend to get caught up in my own brain too much. Too much thinking. It's why I write, so I can get those thoughts out of my mind and move on :) I love the smell of spring. You must be a bit ahead of us in the Pacific NW? I have been enjoying the smell of fresh cut grass! It's so lovely to finally smell that again!

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.