Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lose The Loser Mentality!

You know, the more I study about it, the more I have come to the realization that I am still living parts of my life from a “trying to become” perspective rather than from a “having become” one.  I think this might be called an identity crises! 

There are certain situations in which I know exactly who I am according to the Bible, and I immediately stand in that place of authority and see it through until the victory manifests itself.  Then there are the other times…  It’s almost like I try to work through these circumstances from a “loser” perspective rather from the “already been won” foundation that God has given to me through the finished work of Christ.

Does this sound familiar?  It is probably a battle that most of us Christians face at one time or another.  Does it mean that our faith is weak?  No, I believe that it just points out that we have not completely settled the question of Who’s we are.  As a born again Christian, we have been removed from the authority of the kingdom of darkness and have been brought into the kingdom of light.  (Colossians 1:13)  This new kingdom comes with an entirely new and totally different set of guidelines, rules and privileges.

It is a new perception of the resource center for the actions that we take in our everyday lives.  It’s a new way of believing, a new faith that is “having a heavenly perception of your ‘heart condition’ leading to a healthy ‘mind set’ launching a supernatural ‘lifestyle.’” (The Rhema Code, by Scott Schang ©2010 Dog Ear Publishing, Indianapolis, IN - pg 119 – Book available through Amazon.com)*

You and I have been totally set free from the authority of darkness.  The old ways of thinking from our past are over!  Our new King stripped the one who used to rule us of his power over us.  (Colossians 2:15)  We now walk in that victory, and should view EVERY situation that we face from that perspective.  Wow!  What a life!  We are no longer losers but the winners!  Talk about carrying the World Series Trophy with you wherever you go!

So join in with me today as I re-look at how I view EVERY situation in my life.  You and I have a new life with a new victory that brings new EXPECTATIONS to each new day!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What NEW Things am I expecting (to have victory over) today?”


* A parting thought…  Whenever you read a Christian teaching, it’s always important to check out the doctrine presented for yourself in your own Bible!  Don’t just take the author’s word on it.  And, as the founder of our Bible School always said, "eat the hay and throw out the sticks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.