Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Looking Through The Window


Today was one of those wonderful times when the Lord began speaking to me in the wee hours of the morning, a couple of hours before I arose for the day.  That still small voice inside just began to repeat the first four verses of Psalm 91.  Over and over again those precious promises of loving protection reverberated throughout my being.  As soon as I got up and got the coffee going, I sat down to dig a little deeper into the Psalm. As I read the first verse, “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.”  (Psalm 91 English Standard Version) I was overwhelmed with the presence of God.  I had to stop right then and there and lift up my arms to proclaim praise and thanksgiving to the One who loves us more than we could ever imagine.

It was actually a little funny, for when I opened my eyes again, I realized that a worker from the lawn and garden crew for our community was standing right outside one of the windows in my study trimming back the bushes against the window.  I really don’t know how long he was there, but he was looking toward me and quickly moved away as I returned his gaze.  What did he see?  What did he think about as he observed me in worship?  Who knows what God has in mind for that young man?  I am just believing that it was a seed planted for his salvation!

When I returned my attention to the scripture, I switched over to a more modern version of Psalm 91, personalized it and read aloud: “Piper and I live under the protection of you, our Father God, the Most High and we stay in the shadow of you God, who is all powerful to us, for us and through us.  We say to you Lord, you are our fortress, our place of safety; you Father, are our God and we trust implicitly in you.  You Lord, our loving Heavenly Father, keep us safe from secret traps and from all deadly diseases.  You spread your wings over us and keep us secure.  Your faithfulness is like a shield or a city wall.”  (Personalized from the Contemporary English Version)

When I finished that prayer, I had the interesting sensation of being a kid again, feeling safe and sound in the big strong arms of my father… and you know what?  I was! 

I want to challenge you again today, to take a step on the wild side!  Take the scripture prayer I personalized above and insert your name and/or the name of a loved one.  Then pray that prayer throughout the day and see if you don’t have a similar experience to mine, when I completed praying it this morning.  Just allow His love to saturate your entire being.  And don’t even think about who might be watching you from outside your window!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What Loving Experiences am I expecting today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.