Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, December 31, 2010

You Can Do It!

This morning as I was pondering my final posting for 2010, I was drawn back to the same scripture that I closed the blog with yesterday, and I can think of no better way to encourage you as you begin your journey into the New Year ahead.  

The Word I quoted yesterday is actually the end of that particular verse.  The entire verse in my favorite translation says: “Don’t you realize that everyone who runs in a race runs to win, but only one runner gets the prize?  Run like them, so you can win.”  (I Corinthians 9:24 God’s Word ©)  What occurred to me today, is that even though we have likened our progress in life to a foot race with other contestants, the truth of the matter is, that we actually run this race alone.  Each of us has a unique destiny in life, and although we can use similar tools to gain victory in our walk on this earth, each of our paths are different.

I think that is what the apostle Paul was trying to say.  He said that everyone enters the competition to win, but only one gets the trophy, so run like the winner runs!  In other words, as you get set in the runners blocks, focus like a winner.  As you progress through your race, do so with the winner’s attitude and discipline.  It is your time to shine!  It is totally up to you whether you win or lose…

So, my encouragement to you, as you look to the days and months ahead, is that YOU CAN DO IT.  2011 IS YOUR YEAR FOR VICTORY AND SUCCESS.  Set your face like flint toward the finish line for each of your goals, don’t allow discouragement to get you off track, stay true to your foundation and have fun as you accomplish the little steps each day.  Have a blessed and safe New Years, and I'll see you next year!  Stay tuned, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?” … or better yet, “What am I expecting in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.