Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, December 10, 2010

A Time For Change

Early this morning as I was enjoying my personal Bible study time the word change came into my mind.  As I pondered various thoughts about change I was reminded of Albert Einstein who once defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."1  Many of us want situations or events in our lives to be different than what they may currently be, but we do nothing to affect a change.  Throughout this week we have discussed looking at life from a different perspective.  To not let the negative influences that may be screaming at you from the moment you awake to determine the outcome of your day. 

Previous to my study time this morning I poured my self a fresh, hot cup of java (yes, I bought some more coffee and half and half yesterday!) and gazed out at the greenery in our large patio.  Just about every plant looked pretty pathetic due to the colder weather and rain… Every plant, that is, except the lemon tree that we have planted in a large container next to the sliding window.  In stark contrast to the dying, shriveled up summer vegetables and some other potted plants, the lemon is green and lush with bright new growth and large green lemons just waiting to ripen up!  That one vibrant and healthy plant gave the patio a sense of life even though everything else looked bleak.

I thought of that example as I contemplated change in relationship to what we are expecting each day.  If we can make just one positive change in an otherwise deteriorating day it can have the effect of turning the overall outcome from failure to success.  Might I suggest that you take a little time this weekend and think about the parts of your days ahead where you might be able to do one thing differently.  It could be an attitude adjustment, getting up a little earlier, not watching that new program on T.V. or simply making the decision to smile when things get somewhat crazy!  One small change could affect a positive influence and give you a great expectation of good things ahead. ...Ah, go ahead and give it a try!  It may just lead to a whole new way of living!  Have a great weekend.  Stayed tuned, and keep asking yourself… What am I expecting today?


1  Albert Einstein. (n.d.). BrainyQuote.com. Retrieved December 10, 2010, from BrainyQuote.com Web site: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins133991.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.