Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, December 6, 2010

Think On The Good!

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope that you had a great weekend and are gearing up for a week filled with great expectations of good things happening for you.  As I was contemplating the events of this last weekend, I saw an opportunity for me to stray from our discussion on foundations for a little bit and share some thoughts about how we view the experiences we have in life. 

My wife and I had an extremely busy weekend.  We were up early on Saturday, moved furniture with a friend, went to our church to decorate the children’s room for the Christmas season and then returned home to work on the Children’s Church lesson for Sunday.  Sunday started like the previous day as I was up early and immediately went to the study to complete the lesson for the kids at church.  While this class is usually the highlight of the day, yesterday’s class was punctuated with students who were exceptionally rambunctious and active.  By the time church was over I was ready for lunch, to watch a little football and then take a nap!  Well lunch was good, but the 49ers lost, and the nap did little to rejuvenate me…  and so went my weekend or so I thought! 

As I raked leaves earlier this morning and reviewed the weekend’s activities, I was also reminded of some really special things that happened to us over the last two days.  The more I thought on the good things, the more they overshadowed the negative.  On Saturday my friend who helped us move furniture also presented us with a gift of a Christmas tree for our home.  While moving furniture I received a text from our older daughter, who recently moved to North Carolina, expressing her joy over their first snow fall at their new home.  Later in the day my wife and I were able to participate in their excitement through a 1 minute video that our son in law took of the event and downloaded to their facebook page.  What fun to see their glee!  The last time our daughter saw snow at home here in northern California was when she was probably around four years old.  We laughed so hard with them on the video that tears almost started flowing!  Then on Sunday evening my wife and I sat on the couch with the dog snuggled between us (ah… the perfect family portrait!) and watched a wonderful Christmas movie on the GMC channel that energized us with the Holiday spirit and challenged us to remember the real meaning of the season!

You know what?  This last weekend was really pretty nice for us after all.  I choose to concentrate on the good things that happened to us and am thankful that we were able to experience them in our lives.  These great memories tend to leave a warm place in your heart and also help you to look forward to the new ones that you’ll create each new day.  There is a scripture that says that God’s unfailing love is new every morning. (Lamentations 3:23).  Wow!  We get a new, fresh portion of love each and everyday!  Think about that for a moment.  Each day can have its own special experiences, and each day can be better than the one before!  So, concentrate on the good things that have happened to you in the past and then expect even better things to happen in your future.  Stayed tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting, today!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.