Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Look For The Color In Life!

I awoke this morning with a determination that I was going to have a good day.  I was not about to let a headache or the dark clouds that greeted me as I looked out the large window over the staircase that rises to our bedroom loft have any negative effect upon me.  So I threw on a sweater, ambled down the stairs, flipped on the heater and headed into the kitchen to brew up a fresh pot of Starbucks coffee.  Well, it seemed that things were not going to go my way as I opened up the cupboard door.  Reaching in I suddenly  remembered that I had run out of coffee beans the previous morning and had failed to pick up a fresh bag!  Turning slowly around I thought about my morning resolution and bravely poured out the day old coffee left in the coffee maker and put it into the microwave.  At the sound of the timer bell I gingerly pulled out the hot cup, poured in a little 2% milk (yuck… I was out of half and half too!), took a sip and looked out the kitchen window.  As I peered up past our patio fence what caught my attention was not the dark clouds or light rain, but the beautiful colored leaves on the tall maple trees reaching toward the heavens beyond our home.  Those bright tones of yellow, red and orange totally captivated my thoughts and instantly brought a warmth and cheer into my morning.  You know… even that first sip of the day old coffee tasted good!

Isn't it interesting how a little color can brighten even the dullest of days?  Do you look for the color in life when things seem to be going contrary to what you desire?  Maybe it doesn’t jump out at you like those trees did for me today, but it is out there all around you just the same.  Keep expecting good things in your life, and don’t be deterred when obstacles may get in the way.  Look for the color and after awhile you won’t be swayed by the gray in life anymore!  Stayed tuned, and keep asking yourself… What am I expecting today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.