Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Allow Yourself to Dream...

This morning I began to turn my thoughts in earnest toward personal goals for the rapidly approaching new year.  A portion of scripture that especially caught my eye, as I read the Bible within this mode, was a portion of Luke 2:40.  This verse contains the last few sentences of the Christmas Story that we’ve been looking at over the last week or so.  What makes it interesting is that this verse is the one that, in effect, sends off the Hero of the story into his childhood years.  The verse says : “The child grew and became strong.  He was filled with wisdom…”  (Luke 2:40  God’s Word©)  The very next portion of scripture takes place some twelve years later.

There are three areas that are covered in this verse.  They are growth, strength and wisdom.  As I looked into the original meanings of the Greek works, I discovered that these areas denote all the aspects of a human being.  It infers the physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional parts of man.

After observing this, I was a little stunned for a moment, so I kicked back in my chair and hung my feet over the corner of my desk.  While staring off beyond the far reaches of my ceiling, I began to realize that this is the perfect goal, not only for me, but for all of us, as we move into the year ahead.  What better ideal than to grow and become strong, with wisdom, in every nook and cranny of our beings!  Wow…  a total reformation in 2011!

Sound incredible?  I really don’t think so!  What better way to view the immediate future than with the beginnings of a plan that explodes with anticipation of great expectations of good things happening for you!  How do you approach something like this?  Well, as my pastor’s wife once told me when we first returned from Oklahoma a few years ago… “One step at a time!”  While keeping a glancing eye on the final goal, concentrate on the day to day steps immediately before you.  Each successful completion of a small step, denotes a victory that moves you ever closer toward the final stroke of the overall picture you are painting.

We’ll take a look at some of these steps tomorrow.  Until then, begin to let your imaginations flow as you consider where you would like to be at the end of 2011.  Take some time to dream… and allow yourself to dream big, without constraint!  Stay tuned, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.