Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, December 16, 2010

La, La, La, La!

I received an email this morning from a ministry that we have supported over the years and was very excited to see that they were talking about many of the same things that I’ve been sharing with you over the past couple of weeks.  They mentioned how they always earnestly expect great things to come as one year ends and a new one begins.  I have to agree with them.  Not only is the holiday season special as we celebrate the traditions of Christmas, but it is also a good time to review the blessings of the year that we are wrapping up and look forward with great anticipation to the many good events ahead. 
The things that we dwell on as we look at the past and plan for the future, over the next couple of weeks, could very well shape the outcome of 2011 for us! 

On Sunday morning our Pastor shared a scripture from the book of Romans, chapter one verse sixteen.  This verse tells how the Good News of the gospel is God’s power to save everyone who believes.  He went on to explain how the word save (or salvation in some translations) incorporates not only the salvation of our souls, but also healing for our bodies, and the meeting of our needs.  Wow…you talk about Good News!  (The literal translation for the word gospel from the Greek is: good tidings or good news!)

My foundation not only gives me great expectations of Good News  for the months ahead, but it IS  the Good News  from which I plan my life!  Gee, I can’t miss!  I’m getting excited just thinking about that as I write this post!  A few years ago, I wrote a children’s song that goes: “I have a firm foundation of Jesus in my life, He helps me make it through my day without strife.  Oh, He placed me on a rock so my feet won’t slip, and the devil can’t give me no lip, La, La ,La, La!”  It has a catchy tune that helps the words to stick in your mind.  So, while I can’t sing the song for you right here, I do hope that you’ll review the rhyming lyrics until they do stick in your mind and then act as a guide for your 2010 review and 2011 planning!  Stay tuned, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.