Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, December 13, 2010

Anticipating Significant Events

Well what do you know… today is Monday the 13th, and there are 13 more days until Christmas!   There must be something significant about that bit of trivia, but alas… I can’t think of anything!  Have you ever had a day like that, where you think there should be something significant about it, but you just can’t figure out what it is?

Yesterday started out as one of those days for me.  I woke up excited that it was Sunday, and that for the first time in awhile, my wife and I were not teaching another class so that we could participate in the adult service.  I had a feeling that something significant was going to happen, but at first had nothing to base the premonition on.  This is a place where your foundations come into play.  As I have mentioned before, my foundation is firmly entrenched on my faith in the Word of God.  With that understanding guiding me, I began to see that my excitement was derived from the anticipation of hearing God’s Word preached at the morning service.  There is a scripture found in the Bible, in the book of Romans chapter ten, verse seventeen that says that our faith is built up or strengthened by hearing the Word of God.  The significant something that I was sensing was that I was highly expectant of the results of my attending church.  I was not only going to get to hear the Word of God preached, but I was also going to get my faith built up so that I could believe for even greater things to happen in life!  Wow!  It wasn’t just going to be a significant event, it was going to be a spectacular day…  and as I look back this afternoon, I was not disappointed!

You too, can have a greater sense of anticipation (and even control) of good things happening for you each day, as you build your life on a firm foundation that can’t be swayed by the ever-changing events in today’s society.  Is your foundation as solid a rock as The One described by King David in the Old Testament? (see Psalm 18:2)  Think about it.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.