Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, January 3, 2011

Don't Let Fear Blind You!

This morning my wife and I began reading “Daughter of Destiny”, which is the authorized biography of Kathryn Kuhlman, written by Jamie Buckingham.  In case her name does not ring a bell with you, Kathryn Kuhlman was a world renown evangelist from the early 1930’s into the mid seventies.  She had a tremendous healing ministry that was accepted by almost all segments of the church world, in the United States and across the globe.  My wife fondly remembers a meeting of Miss Kuhlman’s that she and her mother attended when she was young girl that was held in our local area.

The first chapter of the book mentioned the name of one of her confidants whom I thought had also written a book about her in recent years.  When we were done reading, I went on to the internet to see if I could discover if this was true.  In perusing the various hits that came up as I goggled the information, I came across an article that was written by an individual that was very negative to many of the things that Miss Kuhlman did during her ministry days.  As I quickly scanned through some of his arguments and the Biblical reasoning that he used to discredit her, I was amazed to see that he had missed many of the clear scriptural examples of the very activities he stated are not in the Bible.

What quickly came to mind was that this individual was seemingly blind to documented examples that went contrary to his fixed beliefs.  As I pondered this, I began to realize how much the fear of something new or different can blind us from moving into new, greater revelations in and for our lives.  How many times has this stopped us from exploring new possibilities in personal growth, travel, friends, doctrines or even trying a new dinner item on the menu!  My paternal Grandmother was a very sweet and intelligent individual, but even well into her eighties, never really accepted her life in the United States, after moving here from Italy as a young women.  One of her most common statements from which she predicated many conversations was “back home…”

As you think about your future at the beginning of this new year, don’t allow a fear of expanding into new areas for your life to stop you from moving on and growing into the individual that your were destined to be!  One of my all time favorite scriptures is found in Philippians 4:13 where the writer, having just described a variety of both good and bad situations that he had been through states, “I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.” (God’s Word©)  

Through the years, that scripture has enabled me to go way beyond my comfort zone to conquer new heights and discover new truths that have widely expanded who I am as an individual.  Do you have that same “can do” mentality?  Does your foundation give you the confidence to forge new streams in your life?  Don’t let the fear of the unknown stop you from becoming all that your are meant to be!  Stay tuned, and keep asking yourself…”What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.