Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Super Bowl Attitude...

Okay… Okay!  I know that you’re all chomping at the bit to hear if my wife and I stayed true to our convictions and made it to the coast yesterday.  Well, we did and it was great!  (see the photo!) The weather was warm, the wind was very minimal and scenery, as usual, was breathtaking.  I don’t think that I have ever seen it more crowded though, as everyone had the same idea that my wife and I had, but who cares, we (and all of them) were there to relax and unwind and that is exactly what we did.  How about you?  Did you find a special place where you can escape that is nearby your home?  Let me know what you found or where you currently like to go.  If you sign up for a free account with Google, you should be able to leave a comment or send me an email at pastorjim@whatareyouexpecting.org.

I came across a scripture this morning that gave me a whole new outlook on how to approach the upcoming  week the first thing on a Monday morning.  The verse is found in Psalms 19 and says, in reference to our sun rising in the heavens, “Like a champion, it is eager to run its course.”  (Psalm 19:5 God’s Word©)

Have you had such a great time during the weekend that you were reluctant to let go and return back to your regular weekly routines?  I know that I have.  I can vividly remember a time as a youngster when my family and I went for a weekend visit to some friends of my folks who lived on a large ranch in California’s central valley.  They lived a totally different lifestyle than we did in the city.  They grew peaches, almonds and grapes and lived smack in the middle of one of their orchards.  Being in that atmosphere with the farm equipment, bi-planes dusting the fields (and waking us up early in the morning as one of the pilots was a friend of one the daughters in the family, so he buzzed the house at tree top level a few times!), playing with the ranch dog, dusty trucks and the wonderful aroma of fresh peaches was almost too much fun for a young boy like me to handle.  When we returned home and the harsh reality of getting up Monday for school hit me, I experienced a sudden and prolonged case of self pity!  I can recall the tears welling up as I just wanted the weekend to continue, and not have to face the rigors of school and my normal life.

Now, as an adult, I have also been tempted to not want to face what my regular life has in store for me come Monday mornings, but I have learned to put it aside and go forward.  That scripture verse got me thinking about how we should really face the week.  My foundation gives me the assurance that I should and can approach the upcoming events like a champion who is eager to run his race of life… because I know that come the end of the day, or week, I will win!  How can I be so confident?  Because I whole heartedly follow the words of wisdom that my foundation gives me.  Toward the end of that same Psalm, the writer states that “There is great reward in following them” (Psalm 19:11 God’s Word©).  I’ve been around long enough to know that His Word works, when you obey and put your child-like faith in Him.  How about you?  Are you ready and able to face your new week like a champion?  How do you think that the members of the Steelers and Packers are going to face the next two weeks before the Super Bowl?  They are going into this prep time with the utmost confidence that they will win.  If they didn’t have that attitude, then they might as well pack it up before the game actually begins!

Consider yourself a Super Bowl of Life champion and face your week with every intent on bring home the trophy!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself…”What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.