Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dealing With The Unexpected

As my wife and I walked our dog Mandie around the community lake this morning, I could see that there was trouble brewing across the placid waters.  Mr. White and his three Mallard companions were swimming cautiously on the far end of the lake while two large Canadian intruders stood threateningly on the shore near the middle of the lake.  If you listened closely you could almost hear the four permanent residents voicing their indignation at the presence of the 2 visitors!  “Who do they think they are, showing up unannounced and strutting around here like they owned the place…”

Okay, Okay… so maybe they weren’t actually upset about their guests, but the situation struck a cord with me as my wife and I discussed the return of the two Canadian Ducks that had also shown up around this time last year.  It is kind of like when unannounced guests show up at your home.  How do you respond to situations like these?  I can think of times were I was annoyed at the sudden arrival of friends, when I could of simply gone with the flow, walked in love and enjoyed the moment.  What about you?

I believe that the frustration or annoyance that we experience has to do with a fear of not being able to complete the things you were doing at the time of your guest’s arrival.  I John 4:18 says that “…love gets rid of fear.”  (Gods Word©)  Walking in love also helps you to be a blessing to others as well as closing the door to negative reactions and their consequences to you.

So as the ducks on our community lake seem to be comfortably cohabitating with their temporary visitors, while enhancing the experience of those of us who regularly enjoy the lake and its surroundings, you too, by walking in love, can be a blessing to others while enhancing your life by making positive memories for you and your guests!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself…”What are you expecting today?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.