Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Going Through The Rough Phases

Wow… what a beautiful January day here in northern California.  It’s just hard to beat, when you step outside in the morning and are treated to a rich blue sky, fluffy white clouds and 60 degree temperatures!  My wife and I spoke to our daughter in North Carolina last night via Skype, and as she was telling us about the cold weather that they are experiencing, we could see our son in law in the background, donning a heavy coat and scarf as he prepared to take the dogs for a walk.

 It reminded me of the cold winters that we endured in Oklahoma a few years ago.  The first winter was fun because it was so different than what we were used to, but I was ready to pack up come the next two winters that we spent there.  It was really funny when the store I worked for had me spending the majority of my shifts working outdoors in order to prepare the exterior of the garden center for the spring and summer season.  I used to joke with my fellow employees that they (the management) had the California boy (who seldom ever saw snow) working in the snow while everyone else was warm and cozy in the store!  Now that I think about it, they probably knew exactly what they were doing.  I was so naive that they must of figured that I wouldn’t know I was being had… and they were right!

There are times, as we pursue our dreams, where we may have to deal with unpleasant situations for awhile, in order to complete the various phases of our goals in life.  The desire to complete the life time goal I had of attending Bible School was so strong in me, that I was able to overcome any thoughts of quitting and going home.  And believe me, I had lots of opportunities to prematurely pack up and leave.

So, know that there may be some places along your paths where the times aren’t smooth or particularly pleasant.  The key is to keep your resolve strong enough to overcome those testing times.  Like I’ve said before, don’t lose sight of the finish line, “fight the good fight of faith…”  (I Timothy 6:12 King James Version) and depend on the strength of your foundation to support you through the not so comfortable seasons, as you follow your goals to their final bell.  Stay tuned, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.