Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, March 21, 2011

Help! I Need Some Encouragement

Today I experienced the beginnings of one of those typical Monday mornings that Hollywood likes to portray.  I arose from the bed fighting off a multitude of concerns, was not too sure about how and when I was going accomplish everything I had to face, and was generally, not a happy camper.  Have you ever faced a day like this?  I think that we all have had the opportunity a time or two in our lives! 


After wallowing around in a state of semi-confusion for awhile, I finally pulled myself together enough to go to the source of my encouragement, in order to reverse the direction that I was heading.  Where do you go when you need to be encouraged?  Do you have a reliable source that you can depend on to pull you free from the forces that would drag you down?  Will your foundation help you to weather the storms and earth quaking events that arise in life?


This morning, as I forced my mind to be quiet, I sat down in my desk chair, closed my eyes and prayed for direction.  Then I opened the cover of my Bible and began to turn to a familiar verse in the book of Colossians.  On the way there, I suddenly found myself stopping in chapter eight of the letter that the Apostle Paul wrote to the believers in Rome.  My eyes drifted down to verse 38 where he stated that “I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love…”  (Romans 8:38 Gods Word ©)  At that point in my morning… everything changed!  The restlessness that had been charging through my veins abruptly ceased, and a warm glow arose from deep inside me.  The vision of my foundation became so big to me, that I could not imagine anything but His love, His abilities, and His desire for me to succeed today!  From there, my attitude for this day and this week can only go up!


You may have noticed that I added a tagline to the title of this blog.  The more specific name is now: "What Are You Expecting… a daily encouragement.”  We all need to be encouraged each day.  We all need to know that we are special, that we can succeed in those things that we put our hands to, and that we are not alone.  Take that thought to heart this week as you face your world…  and know that “nothing can separate us from His love!”  Allow that vision to so fill your view that any difficulty that arises will seem as a grasshopper in your sight!  I look forward to encouraging you again tomorrow.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

PS:  The comment section is now unrestricted, so I encourage you to let me know how this blog has influenced you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.