Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, March 4, 2011

Bright Shiny Places

After a week or so of rainy weather, it was really nice to wake up to the sunlight streaming in through the windows this morning!  I like to be in light cheery places.  It just sort of lifts my whole being into a place of content and joy.  Have you ever noticed that folks who battle with depression tend to keep the blinds drawn, and enjoy indirect lighting?  I really believe that the darkness gives these folks a sense of false security.  It’s almost like they won’t have to deal with reality if they can’t see it very clearly.  The Bible makes vivid distinctions between the dark and light.  It portraits Jesus as the light (John 1:4), and as such, is the one who has the ability to disperse the darkness.

I guess that I am talking about our foundations again today.  The more I know of my foundation, the more I am able to walk where my pathways are well lit, and easy to follow.  Colossians 2:7 says that one should “Sink your roots in Him (speaking of Jesus) and build on Him.”  (Gods Word ©)

The weatherman for our area is forecasting mostly clear skies going into this weekend.  Hopefully it will be the same wherever you live.  As you gaze into the blue above you, as it reaches to the horizons during the next couple of days, take a few moments to reflect on how well versed you are with the foundation in which you have placed your trust.  Take a close look at the level of intensity of the light around you.  Is that light bright and clear, or low and a little hazy to your vision?  Maybe you’ll find it time to pull the blinds all the way up and allow the full extent of the Light to fill your personal environment.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… ”What am I expecting today?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.