Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, March 7, 2011

"Excuse Me?"

Well, she did it again…  I mentioned on a posting last month about my wife’s habit of offering compliments to the cashiers in the various stores that we shop at.  Today was no different, but yet, this cashier’s reaction was worth writing about!  As we were checking out at the local Lucky’s grocery store, my wife and I were joking with the cashier when my wife paused and told the women what a good job that she was doing.  What happened next was almost comical.  The lady just froze and stared at my wife.  Finally she came out of the daze and said: “excuse me?”  My wife repeated her compliment and the cahier just looked incredulous as she stammered out a: “thank you!”   We all stood there for a moment and then I stated: “you don’t hear those very much do you?”  She just shook her head, thanked my wife again, and laughingly went back to scanning the item that she still held in her hand. 

Isn’t it funny how a little positive reinforcement can make another person’s day?  As we turned to leave at the completion of our transaction, the cashier stopped, and told us to have a very special day.  The shinning look in her eyes said it all. 

Give it a try the next time you go into that busy supermarket or department store.  Take an extra moment and compliment the cashier for a job well done!  Who knows… you just might be the only positive thing that happened in that person’s life that day!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What are you expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.