Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Just For You!

When I continued my morning bible study today I found myself stuck on another small section of Hebrews 1:3.  This verse relates how Jesus “is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact likeness of God’s being…” (God’s Word ©)  I’m sure that you have figured out by now that I tend to enjoy looking back at the usage of the original languages when I read the Word.  Well, today was no different!

The term “exact likeness” or “express image” as the King James puts it, has two meanings to it.  The first is an “engraving” or a “precise reproduction in every respect.” The second relates to the first but implies that this individual is not only an exact replication of the original but also serves as “the instrument used for engraving or carving.” (Strong’s and Thayer’s)
So it logically follows that as we spend time with or “hang” (as the youth would say) with Jesus, we will be marked as being one of Abba Father’s kids!  And not only will we be marked, but as time goes on, He will chisel or “carve” us more and more into His exact likeness!
But hold on for a minute here!  That doesn’t mean that we will all become like cookie cutter renditions of each other.  NO… God gave each of us different personalities and different life walks along with different gifts and talents.  I believe that while He desires for us to all attain His attributes, He expects them to be expressed in ways that are uniquely attuned to who we are!  To me that is another example of His love and His grace in action!
He made you and me the way we are and TRUSTS us to allow Him to work through us for who we are.  Not as or like someone else!  Now, I understand that there are those out there who will do their best to see that you do things just like them, but once again, I don’t think that was God’s plan!  It is pretty clear to me that He enjoys the array of diversity in His creation.  Different folks relate to different individuals.
So enjoy being who He created you to be!  Find a new freedom and have FUN in expressing your unique character and gifting’s.  Why waste time trying to be like someone else, when you we designed to be YOU?  He has a plan that is custom designed JUST FOR YOU.  Find it and follow it!  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word and keep asking yourself… What FUN am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.