Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Let The Real You Lead

Early this morning as I sleepily sat at my desk staring blankly at the open pages of my Bible, I quickly discerned that I needed a little assistance in order to jump start my study time!  As I began to pray my eyes slowly came into focus and I found myself reading the third verse of I Thessalonians chapter one as a personal declaration of my faith.  When the words stating that “my love is working hard” (from the Gods Word © translation) formed on my lips, I suddenly became aware of the point that it wasn’t my physical attempts at love but the God kind of love emanating from my spirit man that was doing all the work!  The real me is the reborn man on the inside of me, not the physical earth suit that is visible in the mirror on my wall.

The Apostle Paul alluded to this when he said in I Corinthians 9:27 that “I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection…”  (KJV)  He made a clear differentiation between his outward man and his inward man.  He declared that the real Paul, the one on the inside, kept his outward body in line and worked to bring it under subjection to the dictates of his reborn spirit.  (See Romans 8:4)

I am not sure why, but that truth instantly took a large load off of my mind.  In order to successfully walk in love toward the unlovely and in the midst of unlovely situations, I have to turn my thoughts inside, listen to what is being said, and then trust those insights to be the correct course of action – no matter what my outward man is telling (or yelling at) me!  His ways are always the right ways.  His ways tend to help you to never again have to ask for forgiveness about something that shouldn’t have popped out of your mouth in the midst of a heated situation.  Have you ever said something and then instantly thought… “oophs, where did that come from”?  If you have, then you know exactly what I am talking about!

It felt really good to make that confession this morning.  Hearing those words emanating from my own mouth made me feel like I have the power within to walk in His love, even when I don’t feel like it.  It gave me a sense of power and ownership over my own destiny!

Go ahead, say it with me:  “My love is working hard!”  Say it again a little louder: “My love is working hard!”  Now shout it out: “My love is working hard!”  Feels right doesn’t it!  It should, because it is the truth.  Your inside man is working hard to renew the man (or women) on the outside.  All you need to do is to listen and obey!

So with that truth under your belt… go out and make a difference in your world today.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What DIFFERENCE am I expecting To Make today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.