Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Eating Crow!

Boy… talk about having to eat crow!  As I was quickly trying to wrap up my study time this morning, since I had gone over my scheduled time and left my wife in bed longer than usual, I caught a glance at one of the first scriptures that I had noted an hour and a half before.  I had written down 1 Thessalonians 1:5 saying: “and the word He has given us ALWAYS comes with Power, with the Holy Ghost and with complete certainty.” (Gods Word © personalized)  At that I paused and then slowly re-read it again.  As I absorbed each word, a little voice on the inside of me said, “Am I really EXPECTING this… every time?”  And you know what?  At that point I had to truthfully answer “NO!”

That was a difficult pill to swallow, but it sure made me stop and make some quick adjustments in my heart!  I was a little embarrassed as I sat there alone in my study thinking that here I am, the one who is always telling people about EXPECTING good things from God and then realizing that I had dropped the ball!  But then, the key word here is “HAD!”

That’s the neat thing about God’s Word.  It is “living and active,” and “sharper than any two edged sword and cuts as deep as the place where soul and spirit meet…”  (Hebrews 4: 12 Gods Word ©)  God knows what we need to know and when we need to know it!  His word is “useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God’s approval.” (2 Timothy 3:16)  I am thankful that our heavenly Father loves you and me enough to take the time to gently slide us back on the path when we’ve ventured off course!

And now that I’m back on course, I have to admit that I’m EXCITED!  Do you realize that the Good News, the mighty Word of God as related to us in that Bible you carry to church (hopefully!), study daily (hopefully), and leave out in plain view so that you can grab it whenever needed is not just the word of humans, but is the word of God that is at work in you!  (See: I Thessalonians 2:13)  That word, like I said earlier, always comes with Power, with the personal instruction and anointing of the ONE who wrote it (the Holy Spirit) and instills in us complete certainty of It’s ability to change our world!  WOW!  Come on now… you don’t have to live in California to feel that earthquake under your feet!  Whew!

I’m glad God got my attention this morning.  I can’t wait to see THAT force working in, for and through me as I study and live according to His ways!  I guess I’d better get up even earlier tomorrow so that I don’t keep my wife waiting as I explore the wonders of His plans for you and me!  I hope you take this to heart today.  Believe me, it will positively change the way you live!  Have a great day!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What GOOD THINGS am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.