Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, July 18, 2011

What Are The Results?

A few quick thoughts concerning what we focus on in life…  This weekend was kind of a tough one for me.  Friday was probably the hardest day I have been through in caring for my wife.  Saturday was much better and then Sunday started off by giving my Friday experience a run for the money!

In the height of the pressure on Sunday morning, I found myself shaking inwardly as I forced myself to sit down outside in one of our patio chairs.  At that point in time, things did not look too positive.  As I began to calm down I realized, once again, that I needed to separate my wife from the problem.  That helped me to focus on the real culprit behind the disease and not to be upset with my favorite date!  From then on the day went a lot smoother.  There were still battles to fight, but it was easier to proceed through the heat, knowing from whence the attack came.

This morning the Lord reminded me of Ephesians 1:22 where Paul tells us that “God has put everything under the control of Christ.  He has made Christ the head over everything for the GOOD of the church.”  (Gods Word ©)  When I read that word GOOD, it was as though someone poured a bucket of cool water on my head during a hot summer afternoon!  Suddenly my folly from Friday and Sunday came clearly into view.

As the symptoms began to rapidly deteriorate, so did my focus. I allowed myself to be dragged away from the solid expectations of God’s word, to the hopeless sentence that medical science has placed on my wife.  At one point this morning it began to look the same way, but this time I was alert.  I paused for a moment, took a deep breath and reminded myself of what I was expecting.  Then within a few minutes, things began to turn around.

As I sat back on the floor (with the dog assisting by licking me in the face…) I heard the small still voice inside me say: “Expect God’s best, and He’ll do the rest!”  I had to laugh because that’s what I attempt to share with you in this blog everyday!  What I was EXPECTING is what I received from Friday through today!  The only difference is that for three days the expected results gave me no hope for recovery, while today’s expectations opened the door for God to step in and work His Word for me and my wife!

If the results aren’t GOOD, then your expectation (or your focus) is in the wrong place!

So stop for a moment and do a quick personal inventory.  Line up the results, make the proper adjustments and then ask yourself… “What am I expecting today?”  .

..and know that this is exactly what you will get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.