Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Be Who You Want To Be

Wow… do you realize that it is February already?  Time just seems to be flying by!  It is kind of funny, as a kid, I couldn’t wait to grow up, and now there are times I wish life would just slow down!  I guess that is why it is so important to savor each moment of each day.

 I was talking to my younger son who is going to Bible school in Tulsa today, and he was mentioning how important it has been for him to keep his eyes on the goals that he has set for himself.  It is just too easy to get distracted and let dreams slip away from your grasp. He even mentioned how he wished he was “more together” back when I was attending the same school and he was living at home while working full time.  Life was just a big party for him back then, and he never considered the future.

Well, things have taken a big about face for him over the last couple of years.  He has become a very focused young man, with a definite understanding of the call that he believes God has placed on his life.  Everything that he now does is filtered through that calling, and while he may have regrets of the past, he knows that his history is behind him and that the future is his to master.

He asked me if I knew where I wanted to be in five years.  I told him that while I have strong visions for the future, that there is some fog on my horizons since my immediate attention is focused on his Mom’s recovery.  His suggestion was to live each day today as though all my visions were completed!  That I need to see myself as the individual I desire to be in five years.  I thought that it was pretty good advice coming from my 23 year old son.  I believe that this is also a good direction for each of us to follow!  Are you acting today like the person you want to be in your future?  Why let time fly by before you can be the one you’d like to be.  Be the master of your time, and see yourself today as the epitome of your goals.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.