Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Free Supply Of Never Ending Peace...

I was meditating on Biblical peace again this morning and was reminded of another scripture where the same Hebrew word shalom is used.  (see yesterday’s posting for more info).  Isaiah 26:3 says that “Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”  (King James Version)  As I studied out the various parts of this verse, I noticed that the word translated perfect is also from the Hebrew shalom.  That turned on a light in me as I (in my lightning quick understanding!) realized that the writer must have wanted to stress a point by repeating the word twice in the course of his statement.  One of my commentaries suggested that the literal translation could say that the person who keeps their mind (or imagination or expectations) fixed on their foundation will live in a state of peace upon peace!

What a thought… Living free from the up and down emotions caused by the ever changing events around us and walking in a personal zone of peace that leads to even more peace throughout each day.  Sound a little far fetched?  I don’t think so.  The New Testament is full of characters who went through many different trials and tribulations, but yet lived in a state of personal peace and satisfaction throughout them all.  I personally have many Christian friends (including my Pastor) who live like this.  From what I see, and have experienced myself, it takes determination and a solid decision from which you will not turn back, once you make it.  The foundation that you choose is the ultimate key to success.  Mine says that I can live in perfect peace as I keep my expectations and imagination focused on Him… and you know what?  I’ve tried it, and it is true!  How about you?  Can you say the same?  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself…”What am I expecting today?”







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.