Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Extinguishing The Darkness

Yesterday I spoke a little bit about living in “the shadows” of what could have been.  Well, I got to thinking about those shadows in the wee hours of the morning today, and had some more revelation that I thought that I would share with you. It is kind of interesting in that I had a dream that I was preaching somewhere and found myself expounding on the subject of “shadows.”

So… think with me for a moment here.  Just what is a shadow?  One of Webster’s definitions of the word states that it is an imperfect and faint  representation of something.  A shadow is usually caused by an object getting between you and a source of light.  With that in mind, think of the good things that you are expecting in life to be focused in that source of light.  When things, say people, thoughts, ideas or events come between us and our expectations, then our clear vision is blocked and what is left is an imperfect or faint (and usually distorted) representation of what we are believing for.

This is where your foundation should come into play.  There are times when you may not have a clear view of what you are expecting.  When this happens you can’t necessarily go by your natural senses, you have to rely on what your foundation says in order to carry you through until the object causing the shadow is removed and the light has an unobstructed path.

As I have mentioned before, my foundation is based on the Word of God.  John 1:5 says that His Word “shines in the dark, and the dark has never extinguished it.”  (Gods Word ©)  It is reassuring to know that my foundation will always burn brighter than any object that tries to makes its way between me and my expectations!  How bright is your foundation today?  Are you seeing more shadows  than light?  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself…”What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.