Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Howdy Pardner!

“Brothers and sisters, you are holy partners (with Christ) in a heavenly calling.  So look carefully at Jesus the apostle and chief priest about whom we make our declaration of faith.”  (Hebrews 3:1 Gods Word © - parenthesis mine)

As I read this verse toward the end of my study time this morning, I began to reflect over all the projects that Jesus and I have “partnered” with over the years.  I noticed that when I had “looked carefully at Jesus” throughout the entire term of the project, that it turned out successful, but when my attention wavered, the results were not always as positive.

In particular, I reviewed what started as a personal ultimatum from God during a week long conference on the grounds of Rhema Bible Training Center in the summer of 2003 that ended up as a life changing adventure for my wife and I and our younger two children.  It was a directive from God that I had played around with for many years but knew, in that instant, that I had to obey!  It was the word to pack up, move to Broken Arrow Oklahoma and attend Bible School.

I know that I have mentioned this before, but it brings forth a good example for today’s blog posting.  Once I yielded to that word I did not discuss it with anyone except for my wife for almost one year.  Instead, I yielded all my cares and concerns about the big step to the Lord in personal prayer.  Once I made the decision public, it was not overwhelmingly accepted by everyone in our immediate and extended family, but the Lord had told me that everything would be better than before and I held tightly on to His promise.

As I look back now, I can see how He delicately brushed each stroke of the painting for us and I rejoice that I held on firmly to His directions.  Our two children’s lives have been blessed beyond measure.  They have grown into confident, well trained and loving ministers of the gospel.  They learned to stand strong on the personal directions that the Lord gave to them even when family members tried to persuade them differently and have pursued through struggles to enjoy the delights of obedience to God even when others have not understood or felt confident in what they knew to do.  They, like my wife and I, made leadership decisions, stood firm on the foundation of His word and are reaping the results of the victory that is still unfolding today.

Our key to this victory was that we consistently “looked carefully at Jesus.”  We had partnered up with Him in that decision.  Our part of the agreement was to simply obey Him, no matter what or who came against us, and let Him do the rest!  It wasn't always easy and we had more than a few burps along the way, but the results were exactly in line with what He had told me during that convention in 2003!

Once again I think that this is a good way to enter into the New Year.  Make the decision now to partner up with Jesus in everything you set out to do in 2012.  Keep your eyes focused on Him throughout any turbulent times and then be thankful as the rewards of the “declaration (and stand) of (your) faith” come into physical manifestation.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting to PARTNER Up with Him on today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.