Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blessed Assurance

“Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
 O what a foretaste of glory divine!
 Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
 Born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.”

I awoke this morning with the powerful words of this old hymn reverberating through my heart and soul.  I am not sure why or where it came from but it rose up inside with such strength that I could do nothing else but to arise, pull out the song and sing it aloud.

“Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
 born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.”

What a place to be.  Purchased by God himself and made an heir to his kingdom.  Redeemed from the adverse convictions of sin by the powerful, life altering blood of the King.

“This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savor all the day long.”

What a scoop!  What a story!  What a message that we just can’t hold back!

“Perfect submission, perfect delight,
 Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
 Angels descending bring from above
 Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.”

What a delight, O what a sight!  His echoes of mercy and whispers of love, that cause me  to live a life that’s bright with His light.

“Perfect submission, all is at rest,
 I in my Savior am happy and blest,
 Watching and waiting, looking above,
 Filled with his goodness, lost in his love.” *

The last stanza brings it all home.  I am in perfect rest as I’m submitted to Him.  For in Jesus I am happy and blest.  I am expecting and waiting, looking above.  Living and sharing a life that is filled with His goodness and grace… for I am hopelessly lost in His outstretched arms of love.

I encourage you to join with me in making this your song today!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What Assurance am I expecting to give and receive today?”


* Blessed Assurance, Lyrics by Fanny Crosby, music by Phoebe P. Knapp, 1873.  Public Domain - Hebrews 10:22




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.