Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After...

Ah… The day after Christmas!  I’m not entirely sure why, but I have always enjoyed the day after Christmas.  Sometimes even more than Christmas day itself!  A little weird huh?  Maybe it’s because I can finally slow down and soak in the Spirit of Christmas after all the holiday rush, or enjoy watching the kids and others as they get to play with all their new gifts, or because the neighborhood is so quiet or maybe it has to do with its proximity to the end of one year and the beginning of another.  Whatever the cause, it is just a time to relax, contemplate life and be thankful.

I had to make a quick run to the local CVS Pharmacy for a few items, and I was amazed to observe that the store was practically void of customers.  I was disappointed that all the holiday ware shelves were very sparse, but at least they hadn’t put up their 50% off signs yet.  Therefore the store still had the Christmas feel.  That was one thing I didn’t care for when I worked in the garden/seasonal department at Home Depot while attending school in Oklahoma.  They had us pulling down all the Christmas items a week before the special day in order to get a jump on the Spring resets!  It almost made me feel like Christmas was over before it even began!

Today is just a good day to relax!  So I encourage you to let His “good news for you, a message that will fill everyone with joy” (Luke 2:10 Gods Word ©) to fill your heart and to kick back and be thankful for all the GREAT things that the Lord has provided for you this year. Have a good day, stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What GOOD THINGS am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.