Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, October 31, 2013

What You Say!

I made the comment in yesterday’s blog post that we keep the Word concerning my wife’s healing in the forefront of our thoughts.  But that’s not the only place we keep it…  We also keep it on the forefront of our lips!  We make a point to continually say or confess the Word that we are standing on that confirms God’s will toward the healing of our bodies when sickness or disease should attack us.  Lamentation 3:24 declares that “I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” (NIV)

As we look once again at the original language from which our English translations comes from we see that the word “say” means “to answer, to boast, to certify, to challenge, charge or command.” (Strong’s)  Brown-Driver-Brigg’s Hebrew Definitions also defines it as “to avow.”  Webster’s definition of “avow” is “to declare openly, to justify, maintain or depend, and to take ownership.”
As I meditated on all this today, I realized that my saying or confessing of God’s Word answers any doubt that may pop into my head.  It also causes me to take ownership of what I am believing for!  Jesus physically demonstrated this spiritual principle in Mark 11: 12-14 when he spoke to the fig tree.  Verse fourteen tells us that “Jesus answered and said unto it…” (KJV)  What did He answer?  I believe it was a thought of doubt and unbelief that the enemy of our souls was trying to distract His faith with.  Commentators tend to agree that the fig tree and its lack of fruit symbolized the fruit of salvation that Jesus was attempting to gather from the Jewish people.  When He came up to the fig tree and discovered that it had no fruit, the devil must have immediately tried to put the thought of failure into Jesus’ mind.  So what did Jesus do?  He instantly cursed the thought!  He then later explained what had happened and taught the lesson of this spiritual principle to His disciples in Mark 11:22-24.
I find that in my current journey with my wife’s health, that I regularly have to stand against the lies of the enemy.  Isn’t it funny how it usually happens when I am tired and feeling a little weak?  Whenever I hear a thought of my wife’s healing not happening, I immediately replace (or curse) that thought by speaking out what God’s Word says about it, and I continue to do it until the negative thought has tucked its tail and run off!
I make that false thought that is based on physical evidence submit to the higher and more powerful spiritual truth by boasting about what and in Whom I am trusting in.  I certify that I believe God’s Word to be true.  I take ownership of our stand of faith and nothing or no one is going to move me off my inheritance!  In my study today, I also thought back about some of the comments that were made to my kids and a few others by some close relatives when my wife’s health concerns were first diagnosed.
They openly questioned whether or not I would even stay with her in her time of need.  I think these statements when they came to my attention were the hardest thing that I have ever faced in my life!  I was utterly shocked and deeply hurt when I heard this, as it was a thought that NEVER even came close to me.  As I have mentioned many times in this blog, my wife means EVERYTHING to me.  The thought of abandoning her was and continues to be totally bizarre!  For days I literally reeled over those accusations.  Then one day the Lord reminded me of something.  On July 12, 1975 at approximately 1:20 in the afternoon, I entered into a solemn covenant with my wife.  That covenant was sealed when I looked into her bright brown eyes, with tears misting in mine, and stated: “I Do!”
At that moment I declared my unfailing and irreproachable commitment of love, caring and fidelity to her in any situation, in any set of circumstances including “in sickness and in health.”  Those two words caused me to certify and take ownership of our marriage covenant.  Those words, that saying, was probably one of the most important things that I have ever said in my life, and is something that I am fully committed to until Jesus returns!
When the Lord reminded me of this, I knew what my stand was, and I simply began to laugh at the accusations of doubt and unbelief that the enemy of our souls spoke through the mouths of our relatives.  I immediately threw out those negative thoughts and replaced them with the confession of God’s Word.  I forgave them and moved forward to accomplish the task that I committed to many years before.
So, if you find yourself fighting thoughts of doubt and unbelief coming into your mind or from the mouths of other people, reject those lies and fill your mouth with the truth of what God’s Word says about the situation… just like Jesus and the prophet Jeremiah did!  I’d say that that is a pretty good example to follow, wouldn’t you?  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to God’s Word and keep asking yourself… “What Godly Words am I expecting To SAY today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.