Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Error!

Yesterday morning while I was preparing breakfast, I suddenly realized that I was fighting a little depression and unbelief concerning my wife’s progress in her healing recovery as set forth in Mark 16:18.  This scripture declares that when believers lay hands on the sick that "they shall recover." (KJV)  That word translated “recover” means exactly what it says.  For some the healing provision is a process of time or you could say a process of recovery.  The scriptures clearly designate various ways in which people receive their healing.  Some are instantaneously, some take additional actions of obedience and faith while others occur over a period of time.

As I thought about how I was feeling it dawned on me that I did not speak a lot of faith concerning my wife’s situation when discussing it with relatives and friends at my aunt’s service on the previous day. I shared the current state of affairs with my wife’s reactions to the new medications, but I did not always give equal or greater emphasis to the ONE who has provided the healing.  I did not always give the interested individuals a place in which to hook up their faith with ours!  In some respects I let them as well as myself down.  I did not give them an opportunity to be used of the Lord and receive a blessing as they combined their faith with actions based on the solid foundation of God’s Word.
So why was I feeling down yesterday?  I was found lacking faith.  I had spent too much time dwelling in the natural realm and not enough in the arena of faith.  And the natural realm does not leave one with a lot of hope!  Colossians 1:23 talks about not “being moved from the solid foundation of the hope (or Great Expectations) that the Good News contains.” (God’s Word ©)   
I began the day yesterday with a shaky, slippery and weak foundation under me!  But contrary to the natural realm, the Word of God provides us with a “solid foundation” that will weather all the storms of doubt, unbelief and what you may be observing before your eyes.  Have you ever experienced a time like that?  Have you ever yielded to what you see instead of what you KNOW to be the truth from God’s Word?
Well, the solution is simple my friend.  It just takes more time in studying the Word, believing and acting upon that Word and then more time expressing your faith in that Word to those you come in contact with!  (See: Revelation 12:11)
Hopefully I’ve learned my lesson and just maybe will save you from making the same error that I did!  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.