Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, April 5, 2013

Be The Change

I have a few more thoughts on what we discussed yesterday.  I mentioned how people without Christ do not currently have the capacity or ability to see with the eyes of faith.  Romans 12:3 tells us that God has given each Christian a measure of faith.  The unbeliever does not have that measure of faith as their spirits are dead and therefore cannot receive that heavenly gift.

In my journey of life I have seen that many people will react negatively to others due to fear, unbelief and ignorance.  And I when I say ignorance, I am not attempting to be demeaning to them.  It is just that they are sometimes quick to act without having (or even looking for) all the information about the situation.  I have mentioned numerous times that this has been one of the hardest things that I have had to go through with my wife’s family in the midst of Piper’s situation.
It is something that we probably all have to deal with at some point in our lives.  For me it is easy when dealing with non-believers because I know that they don’t understand all the facts.  But it is more difficult with believers whom I thought would have a greater capacity and or desire or have an invested interest so as to WANT to know the truth.
So what do we do?  We follow Jesus’ directions and obey the two most important commandments that He told the lawyer from the Pharisee’s about, saying first of all to: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind.” And secondly, “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.” (Matthew 22:37&39)  An interesting thought here is that the term “neighbor” that Jesus used does not just refer to other Christians.  Thayer’s Greek Definitions says it means: “according to Christ, any other man irrespective of nation or religion with whom we live or whom we chance to meet.”
So in other words, we are not to complain about, or criticize, or judge or talk against those who might do something negative toward us.  Yikes… that truth hurts, ‘cause I’ve been guilty of it all over the last three years!  But, thank the Lord, I think that I have finally learned my lesson, swallowed my pride, self-pity and pain and forgiven them!  And you know what?  It actually feels good!  Now I am free to forgive and walk in love whether they ever acknowledge what happened or not!
What do you think about it?   What will you do? -  Complain?  Get upset?  Be ugly about it?  Or do as Jesus commanded and become a part of the solution instead of being part of the problem!  Your response of love could be the decisive factor that would provide the opportunity to turn the situation around and miraculously refresh it into a healthy and productive relationship that brings glory to the kingdom of God!  Not a bad idea… ya think!  Have a great weekend.  Stay in tune to His Word and keep asking yourself… What CHANGE am I expecting to be a part of today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.