Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fresh Air

As I stepped onto the patio this morning in order to remove the sheets covering our frost sensitive plants, I was taken back at fragrance and feeling of the fresh the air.  The morning dawned clear and bright and the air was crisp with the anticipation of the coming warmth of the sun as it climbed higher in the sky.  As I looked around at the sights that captured my attention and with the peace that filled my heart, I became introspective and begin to think about how this was the same way I feel immediately following a dynamic Sunday Service at church, or toward the end of my daily Bible Study time each morning.

Being in the presence of God’s Word just makes me feel good!  How about you?  In John 6:35 Jesus said: “I am the bread of life.  Whoever comes to me will never become hungry, and whoever believes in me will never become thirsty.”  (God’s Word ©)  According to that verse, the Word of God is satisfying to the born again believer.  That’s why it makes us feel good both inside and out.  God’s Word is God’s love for us.  It is the comfort and power of God to lead us, protect us, empower us, and help us to make the right decisions in this life.  Romans 12:2 says that it renews our minds so that “our thoughts should lead you (us) to use good judgment.” (Romans 12:3 God’s Word ©)
No wonder it makes us feel good!  When we are in the presence of God’s Word we are in the presence of Jesus Himself. (John 1:1)  Not a bad place to be wouldn’t you say!  When I worked a secular job, I always kept His Word near me, be it my morning study notes that I kept in my daily planner at my desk, or scriptures that had spoken to my heart that day that I had hand written on a slip of paper that I carried with me in my pocket.  I can’t tell you the number of times that those quick glimpses at His Word helped me to make it through a stressful situation on the job.
Does that sound a little too radical for you?  All I can say is that it works for me and helps me to stay near to Him everywhere I go.  Today’s modern technology makes it even easier to be near Him through His Word.  iPhone applications such as YouVersion® enable you to download many versions of the Bible directly to your phone.  Can’t beat that for simplicity!  It is kind of like we have no excuses now!
Well, I like the feeling of freshness like I felt this morning outside on my patio, and I like the freshness and strength that I feel when I am in God’s presence through His Word.  If it means that people think that I am a radical… then I guess I that I am guilty as charged!  Come to think about it… Jesus was considered a radical in His time.  I would consider Him to be a great example to follow!  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What RADICAL Thing am I expecting To Do today?”

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.