Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Supercars!

My curiosity was peaked today when I read an article in the December 2012 issue of Car and Driver magazine.  It was entitled “Speed Sells” and was filled with various charts and percentages illustrating the global distribution of the 7673 Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini and McLaren supercars sold in 2011.  The two leading areas were Western Europe with 3229 cars accounting for 42% of the global market followed by the United States with 1918 cars and a 25% market share.  What really caught my attention was that even some of the poorest countries in the world recorded sales of these highly expensive and somewhat impractical (but absolutely stunning, powerful, and cutting edge) cars.  (You have to understand that I am a car nut!  My dream is to have barn full of them… and a personal mechanic to maintain them!) The article begins by with the writer’s thanks to the worldwide super-rich for buying enough of these cars in order to support their continued manufacture!

I think that my study of Philippians 4:19 this morning was the catalyst for my interest in this article.  This familiar verse states: “And my God shall supply all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (NKJV)  Now don’t get me wrong here, I am not necessarily advocating that all us car enthusiasts prove our faith by asking for a Ferrari or a Bugatti (my personal favorite…).  What I am saying is that the breakdown of this verse in the original language in which it was written indicates that our heavenly Father will abundantly, fill to the full, make complete in every particular, every and all occasion, demand, requirement or state in which something is wanted, in a glorious way through our living in a fixed position of rest in Christ Jesus.

To be honest, this could be a supercar for someone who has the means and ability to maintain such a vehicle, and on the other hand, it could simply be a source of fresh, clean water for someone in a third world country, or food for one’s family, or a better job, or a spouse, or children or a whole multitude of needs.  It is between you and God.  Like a loving father, He is there for you.  I personally love to be in a place right now where I can assist my kids if needed. 

Our loving heavenly Father has always been in that place to help you with whatever you need.  The Good News Bible refers to His riches as “all of His abundant wealth.”  The word “riches” means wealth, fullness, abundance or riches.”  So whatever it is that you may need, be it spiritual, physical, financial, or emotional, He desires and has the means to provide it for you.  If you still don’t get it, let me be more specific… You are not alone or left entirely to your own resources and ability in this world.  He is always with you and wants to assist you! 

My father-in-law once made the comment to my wife early in our marriage saying “Don’t ever let me find out that you did without something knowing that I could have helped.”  This is a similar desire that I hope to carry on with my kids.  It reminds me of Matthew 7:11 where Jesus said: “You know how to give good things to your children.  How much more, then, will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask him!”  (Good News Bible)  The key to this verse is in having the confidence in His love and in His ability to answer your request.  My resources may have a limit to the extent that I may be able to assist my kids, but our heavenly Father’s are limitless and without end!  The other part of this equation probably includes our humbling ourselves before Him in order to ask for help when needed, but then that’s another subject for another blog post!

For most of us, the thought of owning a supercar as a daily driver is beyond comprehension, too expensive or not too practical, but there are countless other needs and personal desires that our heavenly Father longs to be able to bless you, his favorite child with.  Think about that today!  Don’t try to go it alone.  Let Him in and enjoy the fellowship, the love and the care that He desires to give to you.  Have a great day!  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.