Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Results

While I was cleaning up the kitchen before my wife and I retired for the night yesterday, I flipped on the TV to watch the election results.  I must admit that I was a little disappointed at what I was hearing, but continued to observe and listen to what was being commented on by the various newscasters and the various politicians and other officials that were being interviewed.  One thing that I noticed was that the usual enthusiasm and euphoria that is normally abounding at this point in the campaign coverage was not present!  Most of the newscasters and those being interviewed seemed more subdued with the results of this election.  One national newscaster tended to sum it up accurately by commenting that it was clear from the results of this election that there are a lot of people in America who are not happy with what is going on in our country.  She also implied that this would be a mandate for the President to address in the next four years.

In my observations during the last year or so, I cannot remember another election in the past where Christians gathered more regularly and diligently to pray for our country.  I think that just about every Pastor and Christian leader that I heard or read from commented on the unequaled importance of this election.  I mentioned to my wife that I do not believe for one moment that any of that prayer went to waste. I think that the mandate that the reporter talked about last night is where we will see the fruit of all our prayers.

It really doesn’t matter who won.  Whether you voted for the blue or for the red, the future of our country lies in our trust in the almighty God.  He is mightier than anyone political party or any man or women in office.  Our job now is even more important than it was during the campaign.  Don’t stop praying, don’t stop believing for God’s best.  God can use anything or anyone to fulfill His desires for the United States of America or for any country for that matter!  He proved that through the various heathen Kings that He used in the Old Testament in order to meet the needs of the children of Israel.  Remember, He also used the government that was in place at the time, as part of His plan to fulfill the prophecies of Jesus and His redemption for our sins.

So, what do we do?  We don’t worry and we don’t complain, we believe, we pray, and we get involved wherever He tells us to.  And most of all, we surrender all of ourselves and all of our cares to Him.  We let go of ourselves and let the greater One be God in our lives.  I can’t help but remember the words to that timeless hymn that was written back in the 1800’s that is just as true today as it was back then:

“All to Jesus I surrender; all to Him I freely give;
 I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live.

  Refrain:

 I surrender all, I surrender all;
 All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
 I surrender all.

 All to Jesus I surrender; humbly at His feet I bow,
 Worldly pleasures all forsaken;  Take me Jesus, take me now.

Refrain

 All to Jesus I surrender; make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
 Let me feel the Holy Spirit, Truly know that Thou art mine.

Refrain

 All to Jesus I surrender; Lord, I give myself to Thee;
 Fill me with Thy love and power; Let Thy blessing fall on me.

Refrain
 
 All to Jesus I surrender; Now I feel the sacred flame.
 Oh, the joy of full salvation!  Glory, glory, to His name!

Refrain"  *

 
In the four years ahead, just keep remembering one of my new favorite scriptures in Joshua 1:5 where God comforts us with His truth saying: “I will never neglect or abandon you.” (God’s Word ©)  Have a great day!  Stay in tune to His Word and keep asking yourself… “What GOOD REPORTS am I expecting today?”
 
 
 
*  "All To Jesus I Surrender" by Judson W. VanDeVenter, 1896

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.