Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, November 26, 2012

Cyber Monday

If your email inbox is anything like mine, then it has been filling up with Cyber Monday specials from just about every website that you have ever shopped on!  Ever since the beginning of last week I have had to keep a watchful eye on my email in order to assure that the list of unread messages does not get out of hand!  My phone which is also attached to my email, has been chiming with the announcement of new emails both day and night!

I noticed that many of the big department stores opened even earlier on Black Friday than last year, in order to grab a wider window of opportunity to increase their Holiday sales for the 2012 season.  Everyone from the storefront locations to the virtual cyber stores online are offering deals, discounts and super-savings!  I can remember the frenzy of both store management and the shoppers during the Black Friday’s that I worked a few years back at The Home Depot.  Luckily with my school schedule I worked afternoon and evenings so I did not have to confront the morning rush when the store opened at 5 or 6 AM.  By the time I came to work all I had to do was to tell the customers that we are out of whatever they were looking for! 
 
I have to admit though, that the store did do their best to assure that there was plenty of stock for the special one day items, but nevertheless, due to the onslaught of customers lined up across the parking lot and out to the curb before the store opened, the hot items still ran out within a few hours.  Trying to convince the customers who came in later in the day that we did have more than a just few items to cover the ad was another story!  That is where my sense of humor and charm (Ha!) came into play… that and the availability of sending the upset customer to the Manager on Duty!  The real interesting occasion was the one time when I was the Manager on Duty, covering for the Assistant Manager while he went to lunch!

This weekend I found myself studying in my Bible from Colossians 1:13 and I found out that even God had gotten into the act and was offering Black Friday (or maybe better for us we could say Good Friday…) and Cyber Monday deals for us, His children.  This scripture reads: “God has rescued us from the power of darkness and has brought us into the kingdom of His Son, whom He loves.”  (God’s Word © personalized)  As I studied out the original Greek wording, I came to understand that the preposition “into” actually means “being of one mind with” (Strong’s)  So you could literally say that “God has rescued us from the power (of authority or influence) of darkness and has brought us into one mind with the Kingdom of His Son, whom He loves.”

In other words, as He thinks and acts and lives, so should we!  How does He live in the heavenlies?  He lives with every need met, in health, and with the ability to make solid, wise and loving decisions.  Now doesn’t that sound like a super-sale to you?  Everything that He has, we have available to us!  How do we find out what these deals are?  Well, you have to go to His store or to His website, the Bible!  The unique thing about God’s sale is that Black Friday or Cyber Monday is EVERYDAY for His children, and you don’t necessarily have to stand in line in a parking lot, in the dark and cold, in the wee hours of the night to have a chance of getting the items on sale!  They are available 24/7 in any time zone in the world!  Now that’s what I call Customer Service!

So, why don’t you join me this year in making God’s Store our most shopped location during the Holiday season and beyond!  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What DEALS am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.