Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, October 10, 2011

Under The Stars With Jack In The Box...

Last Friday I touched upon a thought that was actually revealed to me as I was clicking away on my keyboard that day.  In talking about our Suburban I stated that “that car was a gift from the Lord and it was given to accomplish a specific purpose at a specific time in our lives.” (see last Friday’s post – 10/7/11 entitled “The Green Suburban”)  That revelation stuck with me throughout the weekend and into today.  As I looked back into our family’s history I began to see the multitude of times that God had indeed provided a resource for us in order to accomplish a particular task.

Be it a higher paying job, the ability to buy winter clothes for our kids, finding the right dress for the girls or my wife when special occasions arose, a new car, a dog license, our older son’s first electric bass guitar, braces, a wedding or two or three, or even the bucks for a romantic Jack In The Box dinner for my wife and I, as we sat in the Camaro with the T-tops off under the stars on a hilltop overlooking the city lights.  God knows just what we desire and/or need just when we need it!

I do not believe that He is ever late!  As I looked back, I could clearly see that His timing was always impeccable!  But… it was always dependent on our faith.  Once again, Hebrews 11:6 says “But without faith it is impossible to please him (or move Him to action): for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”  (King James Version – parenthesis mine)  Romans 10:11 states that “The scriptures say that no one who has faith will be disappointed.”  (Contemporary English Version)

God wants to provide for our every need.  He is more than willing to assist us whenever we need help, and He is well able to meet any need in any realm of our being – physically, spiritually, mentally, emotionally as well as financially.  He is always ready to step in for us, but the first move is always ours to take.  Sometimes that 1st step is a very humbling act for us, but once taken, it can become the most freeing move we may have ever experienced!

The Apostle Peter summed up our thought for today nicely in 2 Peter 5:6 and 7 when he said to “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: casting all your care upon him for he careth for you.”  (King James Version)  


Think about that today!  Give Him an opportunity to be your all in all. (See: Colossians 3:11)  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.