Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What Do You See?

Have you ever had one of those times where it felt like your thoughts went off in three different directions at the same moment?  I experienced that this morning at the breakfast table.  I was reading aloud to my wife from our list of over 100 scriptures that concern God’s will on healing, when I noticed that I was suddenly feeling more awake and lively as we were attending to His word.  At that same instant I remembered that I had not yet taken my vitamin B complex pill that has helped me to keep up my energy with all the activities going on in my life.  I also began to see how the first two thoughts were in direct relationship to the series I have been teaching the Elementary and Jr High class on Wednesday nights at church.


It is amazing how the Lord created our minds to work on so many different planes at the same time!  David had the same feelings when he exclaimed in Psalm 139:14 “I will give thanks to you because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this” (Gods Word ©)

I encourage you to take some time today to meditate on how intricately and wonderfully the Lord made you to be.  You are so special in His eyes.  I am sure that when He looks down from the throne room of heaven and sees you, He can’t help but break into a big, loving smile.  One of my points for tonight’s class comes from Colossians 3:3 where it states that our lives are now “hidden with Christ”.  In light of that information, my question to the students will concern how they think people see them, and maybe more importantly, how they see themselves.

That would be the same important question that I ask you today.  It would make sense to me that if God smiles at us as He gazes upon the amazingly, wonderful creation that He has made in His image and that He loves so unconditionally, that we should do the same!  

Maybe its time for you to reevaluate your feelings toward yourself and to get them inline to the way that our heavenly Father sees you… Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting TO SEE in me today?”










No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.