Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Does HE?

The first thing that I normally do when I come into my study in the early morning is to open the blinds on the two windows in the room.  I enjoy the brightness of the morning light as it filters through the windows and to gaze at the crispness that seems to pop off the shrubs, trees and lawns in our little corner of our neighborhood.  Today though, was different.  For some reason I felt compelled to just flip on my desk lights and to sit secluded from the outside world.

I pulled out a couple of my favorite Bible translations and my notebook, and then opened up my iTunes music library on the computer.  Once it came up, I choose to listen to some selections from the New Life Worship band’s album entitled “You Hold It All Together.”  After about a half hour of studying from the first chapter of I Corinthians, I leaned way back in my chair, put my feet up on the corner of my desk and began to just meditate on what I had been reading.  As I sat there in my own little world, I became aware of the worshipful words of the song that was emanating from the speakers in the study.  “Our God Reigns, Our God Reigns…”

As those words kept repeating through my mind, I began to consider if most Christians really believe that statement that we’ve probably all sang and would wholeheartedly agree with.  To reign means to exercise sovereign power; dominance or widespread influence.  Is that the way you see our Heavenly Father existing in your life 24/7?  In every situation, in every event and in every living hour of the day?

I’m not so sure that I could have answered a resounding “YES” to that question!  But after the reality this morning of the proclamation that “Our God Reigns”, I’m choosing to let Him actually have His sovereign rule and dominance in my daily life.  How about you?

Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.