Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Alone With God

Okay, I want you to be honest with me today.  How many of you at least thought about doing something a little bit goofy yesterday after you read this blog?  When I finished publishing the post, our dog came running in barking at someone who was walking by the house.  So, did I yell at her… well yes, to be honest!  But then I dove to the floor and grabbed at her.  She ran out of the room and returned with a toy in her mouth in order to bait me to play with her.  I did and we had a great time as we engaged in a game of toss, tug and toss again.  Finally when my knees were getting sore, I hobbled over to where my wife was observing the activities and we preceded to have a good old laugh together (as the dog scratched at the back of my legs to get me to do one more toss!).

I just can’t understand how anyone could not agree with God’s word where it says that “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.”  (Proverbs 17:22 King James Version)  And you know what I think?  I think that God was probably looking down on us and laughing right along with us!

At times like this it is easy for me to be thankful like it says in I Thessalonians 5:18.  “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”  (King James Version)  God’s will is for us to be thankful in all the situations of life.  We do this simply because we trust Him and His word.  Because He is so good to us, and because He loves us and trusts us.

My Mom recently decided not to renew her driver’s license and to give my wife and I their car.  She had made a slight misjudgment a few weeks ago and ran into a brick planter near their garage door.  The car needed a small amount of body work, so my brother and I made the appropriate arrangements to get it repaired.  Monday as I drove it home from the body shop, alone in the rain, I found my self raising my voice in a loud expression of thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father.  The emotions of the moment took over and I felt like I was sitting right at His feet in the throne room of heaven.  It was a wonderful experience.  I felt so close to Him.  So in tune to His leadings and so near to His heart!  (And all the time keeping my eyes on the road!)

I think that God wants us to be in that place of constant thanksgiving so that we can not only feel close to Him, but more importantly, that He can feel close to us!  Take a few moments today to find a private place and offer up some loud expressions of thanksgiving to our loving, caring Heavenly Father.  It might just be the most rewarding activity that you have experienced in a long time… and it might just be the beginning of a whole new daily activity between you and your Father!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.