Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, October 21, 2011

K.I.S.S.

Well happy Friday everyone!  Do you have any special plans for the weekend?  Our weather out here has been very pleasant, so I am looking forward to some relaxing times just sitting under the blue skies and starry nights in our patio gazing at and mediating on the wonderful works that God created for us to enjoy.  Sometimes it’s the simply things that have the most meaning to us.

Today I was reading in I Corinthians where Paul mentioned that he “didn’t use intellectual arguments” when he had previously preached the Good News to them.  He told them “that would have made the cross of Christ lose its meaning.” (I Corinthians 1:17 Gods Word ©)  He continued on with this point in 2 Corinthians by explaining that he only preached a simple message concerning the one subject of Jesus Christ.  (I Corinthians 2:2)

Paul was telling the church in Corinth the same thing that I mentioned above.  Sometimes simplicity is the best teacher!  He didn’t want to confuse the people with deep theological dissertations but simply allowed the power of God to work through the anointed word that he preached. (I Corinthians 2:4-5, Mark 16:20)

I would encourage you to take some time this weekend to simply enjoy the expanse of our Heavenly Father’s creation around you.  Do like that management training tool  teaches us through the letters K.I.S.S..  I would interpret it as Keep It Simple Silly!  In other words, don’t let your plans get too complicated, because you might miss the little, seemingly ordinary wonders that exist throughout God’s Kingdom where you live.  Remember, Colossians 3:11 says that “Christ is everything and in everything” (Gods Word ©)

So go out and look for Him, and then remember to thank Him for the simple beauty that He has provided… just because He loves you!  Have a GREAT time!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself this weekend… “What SIMPLE things am I expecting to enjoy today?”






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.