Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, August 26, 2019

Making the Impossible Possible!


Well today we jump into the house closing process with the payment of the Earnest money and a total home inspection.  It seems like we just went through this whole thing… and I guess we did just a few months ago, except from the other side of the spectrum as the seller and not the buyer!


I continue to push ahead with this new chapter in my life and at the same time stand in AWE at the way everything is coming together.  I spent the afternoon yesterday with our youngest daughter and her husband and our precocious granddaughter.  After lunch with a couple of friends, the four of us hopped in their truck and drove out to a local Sporting goods store where we checked out bikes, guns, camping equipment, shoes and athletic supplies!  You’ll be enthralled to know that I bought a couple pair of socks, while they purchased a baseball and soccer ball!


Following our store adventure, we headed out to my new place.  While driving over my daughter mentioned how she was surprised that the house purchase happened so quickly… to which I nodded my head in agreement telling her that I originally figured that we’d be looking for at least a month!  I’ve learned though, that when you put your trust in the Lord, that anything can happen… and at times, happen quickly!


I had a thought on Saturday morning that Piper had hardly any “disconnects” between her faith and her daily life.  It was one of the special qualities that set her apart from others.  Then it dawned on me that I have bought into that characteristic of hers as well. I could have easily “disconnected” from my faith in the early stages of our house hunting when things were beginning to look too expensive for my budget.  But we chose to stay connected by keeping our faith and expectations reaching out to His ability to make the seemingly impossible possibilities of life possible… and look what the Lord has done!


Matthew 19:26 assures us that that there are things in our daily lives that may seem impossible to reach or attain “but with God all things are possible.” (KJV)  You don’t know how many times Piper and I hung on to that promise for dear life through the years… and He always proved to be faithful and true to His Word!  I jotted down in my study notes on Saturday morning that “I don’t ever want to lose that AWE in seeing God work His miracles in my life!” 


How about you?  I firmly believe that He is wanting and waiting for us to take Him up on His promises, to stand and then act in faith based on the truth of His Word and then stand in AWE over what He does in our lives.  Sometimes His response takes a bit of time… but on other occasions it seemingly happens overnight… like I’m currently experiencing with our new home!


Have a great week, and as you do, say with me… “I am expecting God’s possibilities to overcome the impossibilities in my life today!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.