Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Far More!


God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.  Glory to God in the church! Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus! Glory down all the generations! Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!                                                                                         Ephesians 3:19-20  MSG 



I’ve been checking out potential neighborhoods and a few houses ever since I arrived here just slightly two months ago.  I have to be honest though… the more I looked, the more disappointed I got.  It seemed like homes within the price point that I had set for myself were somewhat limited and older than I desired.


But you know?  The Lord didn’t get disappointed and told me after a few weeks, to keep in mind all the houses that we looked at before we found the perfect home for our needs and desires that we purchased in North Carolina.  So, with that boost, I began to pray that He would do… what I would consideranother miracle.  Somehow, somewhere out there… there was the perfect house for us, in the perfect location, at the perfect price.


I had originally set my mind toward a smaller town nearby, where the price point was closer to my financial range.  But again… as I looked… and even found some nice possibilities… it hit home that it was just too far away from my family, church and the stores and community that I enjoy being a part of.  I was letting what I thought I could afford to be my guide.


At that point, I decided to get serious with God and with my faith!  The scriptures tell us that God can do far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!”  As I looked at my options in the natural realm, all I could see was impossibilities and a lack of choices.  But when I looked at the Word of God, I began to see “far more” possibilities and lots of choices… as many as I could dream… and in fact… “wildly dream!”

Who or what should I believe?  Who or in what would you believe?  Well, I’ve been around this block before and decided to throw it all in… lock, stock and barrel!  And believe me when I say how great it is to have a fired up Christian Real Estate Agent at your side!


And His faithfulness has proven true once again!  As of this morning, we are officially under contract with another wonderful home… exactly what I desired, in the exact type of neighborhood I desired and at the exact price… well, actually a few thousand less… than I desired!  Isn’t God Good!


The house is a little larger than our North Carolina home but with a smaller nice sized yard.  It is located in a lovely neighborhood, in a newer section of Broken Arrow, on a quiet cul-de-sac and is one house away from and has great views of a golf course from both the front and back…  and Oh Yeah… did I mention the nearby picturesque walking trails.  AMAZING!  In my way of thinking, it is “far more” than what I thought, at the time, were some pretty wild dreams


So yeah… I’m a bit… okay, okay… A lot excited… and kind of in a fog at the same time.  So much has happened to me in the last year… not to mention the last two months.  In many respects, I feel like I’ve been driving down the highway with the top down on my old Mustang GT… with the pedal to the metal… the whole time!  


My head spins as I think about it all!  Piper’s been gone almost a year now, but yet it feels as if it were only this morning that she moved into her new residence in heaven.  In the meantime, I packed up a house… and a life… and drove half-way across the country, moved into a great little apartment, found a great new church, have spent many great hours with my kids and their family’s… and now I’m getting ready to move again!  WHEW!


How does that verse go where it says that we are to “trust the LORD with all our heart, and not rely on our own understanding?”  (Proverb 3:5)  I haven’t had time to think about it or try and understand anything!  So much has happened that I wouldn’t rely on my own understanding if my life depended on it!  But - God is God… and excels in and for our lives, when and where we release Him through our faith and actions and of course with those wild dreams!


So, do it!  Release Him in and for your life… Live on the wild side… in your faith, with your actions that are based on that faith in Him and His Word… and through your wild dreams.  I firmly believe that what we might consider to be wild is quite mundane to Him!  Have a wonderful rest of the week, and as you do, say with me… “I am expecting to release God into my life through my faith, through my corresponding actions of that faith and through my wildest dreams!”   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.