Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, March 31, 2014

Tug of War


Wow!  I can’t hardly believe that it is the end of March already.  It seems like the time is just flying by this year.  Lately I find myself looking at the calendar at the end of each week on Friday’s and try to figure out what happened to Monday through Thursday!   With our upcoming move, we have been in a very busy season.  So far I have been able to keep a handle on all the activities before me by simply scheduling out my week on Monday’s and then concentrating on one day at a time.  Maybe that’s why I tend to forget the days gone past, since I am so focused on the current day’s events.
This morning as I was getting ready for the day in the quiet still of the early hour, I was reminded of Philippians 4:6-7 where Paul encourages us to “Never worry about anything.  But in every situation let God know what you need in prayers and requests while giving thanks.  Then God’s peace, which goes beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your thoughts and emotions through Christ Jesus.”  (God’s Word ©)  Right then and there I stopped and went through the list of everything I had before me to accomplish this week and gave it all to Him.  Then I took a few moments and just thanked Him for hearing my prayer and for the release of His peace into my mind and heart.  And you know… it worked!  Whereas moments before I was feeling the pressure of my packed “To Do List”, after the pray an uncanny rest began to overtake my thoughts and my emotions!
Now that’s the way to start a busy week… Any week in fact!  What do you think?  If you’re not in peace, then you probably haven’t given Him your needs.  Or, maybe you gave them to Him but are playing a little tug of war as you hang on and attempt to take it back when you step out of the spiritual realm and allow yourself to be governed by your own imaginations again.  So what will it be?  Do you trust Him or not?  As my lovely wife would say: “Are you a Believer or not?”  Remember, Believers believe His Word, they do not give into doubt!  Think about it as you start your new week…  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word and keep asking yourself… “What or Whom am I expecting (to believe) today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.