Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Laughter!


My wife and I enjoyed a funny incident together the other night that enlightened my heart and strengthened my resolve in the Lord’s total healing her.  Once again, we were seated on the couch enjoying a movie on the Hallmark Movie Channel.  In one scene of the circa 1913 movie, two of the older spinster aunts of the main character are playing musical instruments while a third aunt is dancing around the living room.  The musicians were playing the piano and a flute.  These are two of the main instruments that my wife played. 

While this was happening, I leaned over and tapped my wife on the shoulder and said that she could play those instruments.  Then I laughed as I renewed her attention and stated “In fact, you could probably play both at the same time… the flute with your hands and the piano with your feet!”  Following that statement I kept my eyes glued on her's and said: “Right?”  Well, without a second thought, a glint of mischievousness shined in those beautiful brown eyes and she laughed along with me and blurted out: “You bet!”

There is a scripture in Proverbs 15:13 where the writer wisely comments, “A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.”  (KJV)  The humorous interaction between my wife and I, and the recognition that showed in her eyes and was exhibited through her countenance proves to me that her spirit is strong and responsive and is in the process of overcoming the attack on her physical mind through the Word of God that we have been pouring into her.  I Corinthians 2:16 states that “we have the mind of Christ,” (KJV) and I see increasing glimpses of that mind on a daily basis.

It seems to be many of her passions of the past that draw the healing power of God to her.  I see it with both the Classical and Christian music that she still enjoys to listen to, through the songs she sings each day, through being around people who are open and accepting to her loving on them, and mostly through the joy of laughter that I strive to keep flowing between us and in the atmosphere about us.

Today my sweet Piper and I celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary together.  Happy anniversary Honey!  You have and continue to bring a joy and a fulfillment into my life that cannot be stated in mere words.  Ours has always been one of those matches that was truly made in heaven… and as far as I am concerned, the best is yet to come!

Have a great day everyone!  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What GOOD THINGS am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.