Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Dare...



“We can dare to do anything if we know we have the Word of God behind us… Praise the Lord for the fact that He Himself backs up His own Word and proves the truth of it in these days of unbelief…” *

It seems that I just can’t get away from the reality of the truth and power that is inherent to the Word of God.  Everywhere that I have studied in the Bible for the last two weeks has continuously pointed back to and confirmed this fact!  My wife and I are reading two different books (one in the morning and one in the evening) by two different authors, written ten years apart and from opposite ends of the globe, and they keep issuing this same directive as well!  You think God is trying to tell us something?

This morning I read from I Peter 1:3 where it talks about that the new life that we have been born into that has an expectation which is alive because of what Jesus accomplished for us.  Ephesians 1:18 talks about that same expectation when Paul prayed for the church saying that “You will know the confidence (or better translated: ‘expectation’) that He calls you to have…” (God’s Word ©)

What is that expectation?  It is found in Jeremiah 1:12 when the Lord told the prophet that “I am watching over my word to perform it.”  (Jeremiah 1:12  English Standard Version), or in the explanation of the members of the early church’s actions where it states that the Lord was “working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen”  (Mark 16:20 NKJV)  I love that last word “Amen” which is defined as “so be it!”  Nothing else needs to be said after that!  That’s just the way God designed it to work!

Does the truth and solid standing of God’s Word make the calls in your life?  If what you see or hear is contrary to what God’s Word says, which do you believe?  Joshua told the children of Israel “But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15 NKJV)  If you look at John 1:1 then you could justify saying “as for me and my house, we will serve the Word.

So just how daring do you feel today?  If you have the Word covering your back, then you can dare to do just about anything!  And I can’t think of anyone else in whom I would rather entrust my life… can you? Go ahead!  Let go and let God!  Have a great day.  Stay in tune and in trust to His Word and keep asking your self… “What am I expecting today?”


* From “Faith That Prevails” by Smith Wigglesworth, p23 © 1938, 1966 by Gospel
  Publishing House, Springfield, Missouri 65802-1894

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.