Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Expect The Help!

Here’s another quick thought on yesterday’s subject.  I Peter 1: 2 states that “God the Father… chose you to live holy lives with the Holy Spirit’s help” (Gods Word) God’s plan is for the Helper, the Holy Spirit, to help us through out the events of our daily lives.  Since this is His plan, we need to come to the place where we EXPECT His assistance in all that we do.

Earlier this afternoon was a good example.  My wife had yet another appointment with a new doctor.  This time shall we delicately say… it was for an exam that only women get to have.  (Please don’t take this wrong, but after seeing what she had to go through, I sure am glad that I am a man!!!  In fact, I was thinking about nominating my wife for sainthood after that ordeal!)  Needless to say I was not looking forward to this visit, because I knew deep down inside that due to my wife’s condition, I would be called on to assist.  Then I began to think about our scripture and I asked for the Holy Spirit’s help.  Almost instantly a calming peace came upon me and the small still voice inside assured me that all would be okay.

So, I went into that office fully expecting His help, and you know what?  We got it!  We had the nicest two nurses (or technicians?), and my needed assistance in the little room was not such a big deal afterwards!

That’s exactly how our Heavenly Father wants us to approach every situation we face.  With a bold but yet calm confidence because we know that He will be there to help us with whatever is needed!  Before you start your day, simply ask yourself the same question I ask you at the end of every post:  “What am I expecting today?”  If the answer is a little shaky, then take a moment and pray out Philippians 4:6 with your concern, and then FULLY EXPECT Philippians 4:7 to come upon you, knowing that the Helper is on the job!

Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.