Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Amber Sunglasses

I have a pair of amber sunglasses that I purchased at Walmart a few years back in Oklahoma.  It is amazing to me to see how they increase the color tones and clarity of everything around you when you put them on.  This morning my wife and I went out to take our usual walk around our community’s lake and park-like terrain.  As we were walking down the lane from our house, I commented that the bright sun was hard on my eyes.  So I requested that we stop at our Suburban which was parked on road, and retrieve my sunglasses.  We made the quick detour and then continued on our way. 

Since I had recently worn the glasses while string trimming a customer’s lot, there was a slight green film across the front of the spectacles.  As we walked I endeavored to clean the lenses.  Once the job was complete, I brought the glasses up to my eyes and literally had the breath taken away from me at the dramatic change that appeared before me.  The deep green lawn, trees, and multicolored flowers along with the bright blue sky literally exploded into view through the amber tinted shades.

What instantly came to my mind was that this is the way that God sees us!  Ephesians 1:7 says “Through the blood of his Son, we are set free from our sins.  God forgives our failures because of his overflowing kindness.”  (Gods Word ©) God’s overflowing kindness (or grace) is the filter through which our Heavenly Father views each of us, everyday of our lives.  He observes us as bright, deeply hued individuals that are just brimming over with potential and power.

Dwell on that thought for a moment.  We may think less of ourselves at times, but God sees us like I saw the intense, enriching colors of nature around me through the amber tinted glasses.  It was a beautiful sight!  And you know what… You are a beautiful sight to our God!  He loves you just as much as He loves His only begotten Son.

So… pick up your downtrodden head today, and walk with the knowledge of how our Heavenly Father sees you!  I am sure that when He looks down at you, that He leans over to His right where Jesus is seated and gives Him a little elbow jab to get His attention and then says “Hey, look over there.  That’s my kid… Doesn’t he or she look sharp today?”

Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What (Good Things) are you expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.